Aos Class of 2014 Academic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blandy Research Paper.

Go down

Blandy Research Paper. Empty Blandy Research Paper.

Post  Joe G. Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Blandy paper

Exclamation So, I'll admit, I have no idea what exactly we need to do, but I think I have a good guess:

You need everything. Abstract Background, Intro, Procedure, Data, Analysis, Results, Sources.

For those of you thinking (or praying) that its only the Background, Here's what Craun sent out on Vision:

On Friday (1/27), Blandy research papers are due for peer review. The final papers will be due on 1/31. We will spend some time in class on Wednesday (1/25) talking about INOVA tests. Don't forget, your class data was not very reliable, so we will need to run an INOVA test on Molly's data (a former student). INOVA tests allow you to test more than two groups of data at once, as opposed to a T-test which only allows you to compare two data sets.

In other words, Data testing. So Yes, its the whole darn paper.

Now, you should have the experimental design from the beginning of the year so that makes the introduction and the procedure easy to do.

The background paper, honestly, I have no clue what should be in it, But I think what should be in it is a paragraph on the following:

Secession- a brief overview of secession as a whole
Secondary Secession-What it is and what it has to do with Blandy
Plant changes over Secession- This is where you should use some of those journals and whatnot that you found. Talk about how the number, the type, and the number of variety changes over the years as the area gets older
Animal changes over Secession-See above, except replace plants with animals

Use those to lead into the introduction, where I'm assuming your hypothesis is that biodiversity and time are directly proportional.

Abstract will have to wait until you actually finish the paper and do the data processing.

Joe G.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum